Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sometimes alcohol is the answer.





Over the past few weeks, many mistakes have been brought up to light on the job site. I was speaking with a good friend of mine who says that the drywall reveals many problems that were invisible before. No kidding! Besides the fact that these mistakes are being discovered, there is also the very annoying fact that nobody is ready to take responsibility for these problems. Needless to say that I am so fucking utterly annoyed by this. At the stage of the game, it sort of goes like this: the drywall is fucked up so you ask the drywall guy "why is this like that?"and the answer is "it is not me, it is the framer". 
Then you go to the framer and they tell you "No it is not me, it is either the dry wall guys' or the structural engineer's fault"... OK. Well, I am not convinced and I am not happy either. 


Right now we have a problem with the door jamb sticking out further than the dry wall. The answer I get from the carpenter (who I trust) is "the dry wall guy told us what size door jamb to get and that's what we got". The drywall guy will say "no, that's not my fault, your builder probably ordered the jambs at the wrong size". Meanwhile, I am thinking "no way, my builder would not make a mistake like that". It is entirely the drywall guy's fault. But somehow he doesn't have the balls to admit it.


Why is nobody taking ownership of their mistakes? WHY??? I mean, I make mistakes, I hate making mistakes but I take responsibility and I also try to fix them. But when everybody is too busy blaming the "other guy", it leaves very little time to actually sit down and try to find a way to fix the mistake. That really really REALLY pisses me off. A lot of my friends just tell me "don't get so fucking upset, try to relax, have a drink". Okay, I can do that and I can try to relax but it is just one thing after the other these days and I am really losing my patience at this point. Alcohol is just not the answer anymore. Now, I would like this type of answer from the trades: "Yes, I think it could be my fault, I am sure I can fix it, let me see what I can do". Now I know that this is not going to happen in this case. Which is too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment