Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Project stalled rimes with diaper abuse, sort of.

So nobody has been on the job site over the past two days courtesy of our asshole neighbor (there is no need in even striking this swear word anymore...) who has managed to fuck us over big time again slow us down once more. Of course, when I was told on Monday about the stop work order, I was totally pissed off. I needed to blow out some steam after a hell of a bad day so I took my frustration out on a diaper. "That's it! This diaper is going down"!!!! Well, to my surprise, diapers are f*cking resistant because no matter how hard I pulled on the damn thing, it wouldn't even slightly tear. Anyhow, I guess it helped with the anger management because after a few minutes of diaper abuse, I was back to my senses. My husband was watching the whole thing, kind of half amused-half worried... "The frustration comes from the fact that it feels like we can not control anything" he explained. He is right, that's the reality, it feels like everything is spinning OUT OF CONTROL!

Virtually, all we can do is wait. We were hoping the workers would be back today but they didn't show up because the demolition plan had not been sent to the Inspector yet so they were not allowed to set foot on the site. Tonight, the plan has been faxed so the Inspector is supposed to come back to the site tomorrow to cut the tape (he used the same kind of tape as for a crime scene... weird... (o_O)) and the cutting of the tape means that we are reopen for business. I am not very optimistic about tomorrow.

I have decided to expect the worst while hoping for the best. If they don't start tomorrow, then they'll start the day after. Whatever... I have about 500 diapers that I can abuse in case things get messed up again, so I should be fine... In the meantime, I have to keep my eyes on the horizon, that's what matters in the end, the final product: our HOUSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment