Tuesday, November 9, 2010

While you were out... the sh*t hit the fan.

Unfortunately, I knew that as soon as I was going to say there was nothing to complain about, something would happen that would send us right back to square 1. And sure enough I was right. I am always right, especially when it comes to predicting arseholes' behavior. I always ALWAYS expect that given this really basic fact "once an arsehole, always an arsehole", it is only natural to expect that an arsehole will never leave you alone. Of course, I would like to be wrong once in while but I have to say that, thus far, I have never been wrong once. Very briefly, because there is no point even giving any details about what happened, our NFH (Neighbors-From-Hell) have risen from their recent inertia and are making our life difficult once again. It is almost like a superhero movie where Spiderman manages to get rid of the bad guy (or does he think) and just when Spiderman expects it the least, the bad guy comes back and he is now totally EVIL, has way more power and is really causing a lot of trouble. Yah, today the shit hit the fan big time in the form of:

-a) a nasty threatening letter
-b) bad/adversarial neighbor behavior on the job site



So what to do when shit hits the fan? Well, first, you have to assess if it is really as bad as you think and looking back, I am thinking, it's not so bad, it's just the same despicable behavior over and over again, so nothing we have not seen or dealt with before. When shit hits the fan, you deal with it and you keep going. I was at the job site today talking to our usual Russian crew and they just appeared really calm and kind of like "whatever, who gives a fuck, let's just keep working". I think that's the best approach. Of course, bad behavior always makes me seriously mad and I wish I could do or say something to get them to snap out of their arseholeness but it is IMPOSSIBLE. So basically, they can shove their threats up their asses and if they continue to try and bother us on site, they'll just be ignored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment