Friday, October 1, 2010

My day is filled with toilets.

I would be lying if I said that building a house so far has been a complete nightmare. It is not really true. In fact, there are many things that I love in this adventure. 


One of them is the search for the perfect toilet. Yes, I am not ashamed to admit that it has become a quest and a very time consuming one indeed. Honestly, I don't think toilets are that attractive to start with. They can pretty much ruin an entire room if they are not picked carefully. So one has to make sure to choose the right W.C in order to save a bathroom from a complete disaster. 

For example this puppy here,
what's the deal with that?
Oh. My. God. What the hell is this?

The world of toilets is wide and intricate, and confusing at times. I have been losing myself for hours (make that days) trying to figure out where to get something nice at a DECENT price. Basically, the one thing that will make a toilet more acceptable is if it is wall hung. Wall hung toilets are a huge improvement from regular toilets. They look slicker, minimal and somewhat appealing. Plus they are much easier to clean and to clean around (this is a key argument for a cleaning freak like me). Only thing is: they are soooo fucking expensive and sometimes are not available in North America... yes, that's right, we only have hideous toilets here... 

I have called a few "toilet" suppliers and every time I was talking about a certain model, I would get shut down right away: NOT AVAILABLE IN NORTH AMERICA!!!! Damn, sorry... I forgot again: only ugly toilets are available here, right, right, I get it. Anyhow, after days of soul toilet searching, I finally found a few models that are available here at a decent (ahem, well a little bit expensive but IreallywanttogetitsoIwilljustsuckitup kinda of thing) price. 

One other thing I have noticed that is a direct consequence of the intensity of my toilet search is that every time I log onto a website, the advertisement I see is always about... TOILETS!!!! Holy sh*t, really??? I am now being stalked by toilets everywhere I go on the internet. This is very disturbing. It used to be purses and shoes (how strange), now it is toilets! Wow, my life is really becoming too glamorous! Next item on the list: freestanding tubs, definitely much more glamorous than toilets, that's for sure.


So here is my top three (check out those beauties) and I will announce the winner when we have made up our minds:


Choice #1
Choice #2
Choice #3

No comments:

Post a Comment